Saturday, April 4, 2009

The mesa pageant

We had the chance to go to the mesa Easter pageant on Wednesday. I must admit that I didn't want to go. We had to miss Lost. I was worried about how lily would do that late, with that many people. I didn't allow her to take a nap that day in hopes that she would fall asleep there, but then it took me 20 minutes to find parking, so of course she fell asleep in the car. By the time i found Seth in the sea of chairs I was pretty certain this wasn't going to go well.
But then the show started and Lily LOVED it! She watched very intently and identified every animal on stage. I really enjoyed myself. She even said the crowd has gotten so big that they now set up almost the whole field with chairs. I heard someone say that they expect about 30 thousand people to come each night. Another cool side note is that the lady who wrote most of the songs was sitting right behind us. It was a really good spiritual experience to get us in the Easter spirit and I was really glad I was able to go.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad it turned out okay. When we took the kids to the Nauvoo pageant I had all of the same worries. But we were sitting on the grass and they could move around a little and not disturb anyone. I'd love to go back to the Mesa one someday! If anyone wants to come to the Nauvoo pageant this summer let me know - we have an extra room!

Jamie said...

I glad you guys enjoyed the pageant! They are crowded but fun!

Katie said...

Awww, sounds great. Glad you got to go.

Christie said...

I so wish I could come to Nauvoo this summer, Ashley. I've made the drive from here so many times it drives me crazy that I can't do it this summer. Never have gone during the pageant, though.
Glad Lily enjoyed the pageant. Isn't it great when they surprise you and DON'T meltdown?

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

I what to go.....

lindsey said...

come on up mom... it runs wed through sat i think.

Audra said...

That sounds really nice and things with music and animals always seem to keep kids entertained! But I understand your concerns! Sounds really nice!