Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This last week





A week ago monday Lily had her last bottle. I had put it off long enough so she went cold turkey. This means naps are rare and Lily goes to bed late, but she is eating better and alot happier. She only asked for a bottle a few times a day the first few days and then after a few days she wouldn't even get mad when i said no. I don't think she even asked for one today.

Saturday morning we had a flood; to be more exact we had a septic backup into our kitchen and bathroom. It was only water but still it was gross. This all happened after Lily went to bed at 11 the night before and then woke up at 7. Seth was in the shower and had to work that day and I had sewer water all over my house. We called the owner and he got a plumber over to the house by 10 and got the clog fixed (it was nothing we did, just big trees in the front yard that according to the owner block the pipes often). So I put Lily fighting and screaming in her crib and mopped up the water then got ready for a birthday party. She took a short nap and we went to the party. When I got home I mopped the floors with bleach and washed every item it touched.
Sunday night I left the fridge open all night. So i got to walk to walgreens the next morning and get milk and something for lunch for lily and I. The high was 100 that day. Fun times.
On Tuesday we went to the store and got Lily a swing. It was 8 at night and she was already tired, so she clung to that swing and screamed anytime anyone touched her because she was afraid we were going to take it from her. She even insisted upon holding it on her lap in the car. We got home and set it up and realied the ropes were so short that it is about 4 feet off the ground. She still loves it and asks for it first thing in the morning.
Luckily life has been decently uneventful since then. Its been hot, but this weekend the highs are only in the 80s. This is great because we have some friends coming to visit from california for the weekend.
Anyway here are some cute pics of my cute girl.

7 comments:

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Yay! no bottles!

Oh, yucky! The kitchen and bath....I guess it could be worse...no gross wet carpet. The owner got the plumber to the house fast and he could blame you!

Cute pictures! (Cute Lily!)

I'm so glad you got a swing for Lily!!!!!YAY!!!!!

Christie said...

We recently took away all but water in Amelia's bottles. Pretty much the same reaction. Still need to get both of them off water bottles before the new baby comes, but hard to do that right now because James is never home/available and I NEED them to sleep so I can.

Ashley said...

I always try so hard to get my kids to take a bottle and then when they are older I'm so glad they never did! Same with a pacifier! Blaise takes a sippy cup with water to bed and we are trying to enforce the rule that he can't use it during the day. Rae just barely stopped using a sippy cup at night.

Cute pictures - she's a regular ol' toddler now - she doesn't look like baby at all anymore!

Audra said...

She is getting big and looks like a little girl! So cute!

Katie said...

She looks so big! I can't believe it. What a week. Yuck. Cute story about the swing.

Katie said...

Oh, and she looks so much more like you than she used to. Adorable.

Jamie said...

I love that picture of her passed out on the couch!