Wednesday, April 8, 2009

beautiful spring

we have had the most wonderful weather since we moved here. Today the high is 75 and thats how most days have been since we got here. We have only had a handful of days over 80 and its already april! I am pleasantly suprised. I will have to take advantage of it now because I know the summer will be hot.
On another note I got two callings this week. I am now on the ward enrichment committee and the stake enrichment committee. I had meetings for both yesterday. I had to walk about a mile to my ward meeting and of course the stroller got a flat, so i was really late. To top it off yesterday was one of those days above 80 (it was 90), but the meeting went really well.
The stake meeting did not go as well. None of us knew eachother so we weren't very comfortable with talking to eachother. The event that was planned was also way too complicated and to tell you the truth if I weren't incharge of it I wouldn't go. Oh well I hope some people enjoy it and I will do my best to make it good. Now I better go and take Lily in our backyard while the weather is nice.

6 comments:

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

watch for scorpions!

Jamie said...

Hey, I just got called to the ward enrichment committe too! We will have to see what each ward is doing maybe we can give each other ideas!

lindsey said...

yea jamie we will.. our ward is doing an eight cow night this time.. its real cute... its classes about making yourself an " eight cow woman" like coMOOnucation - enhancing your marriage and utterly delicious- nutriton... anyway its really cute if you want more info let me know. there is also a website i was just told about called sugardoodle.net that has lds ideas

Ashley said...

I would give anything to be outside and break a sweat!

Audra said...

Hey! WE just had the 8 cow woman night last month. Haha! We had things like "Handling your MOO-la" and "Get M00-ving" things like that!

Prof. Wright said...

Yeah, we had some sort of cow related thing too. I was out of town, so I missed it, but I wonder what it was all about

Ergh, this is ashley, not roy