Sunday, April 5, 2009

scorpians

I Hate scorpians.
When Seth and I were dating we discussed what pets we would have and I told him that I had 3 rules. Nothing that could kill my children- meaning nothing poisionous or so large it could eat them. No Trantulas and no Scorpians even if they are not posionous. I have been scoprian hunting and I am still very frightened of them. Anyway there is the background to this story...
It all began when I was sweeping my kitchen floor and I found a scorpian on the floor. Luckily Lily was sitting in her high chair so I was able to kill it without her as a distraction. That night Seth took a black light out in our backyard and found and killed 2 more scorpians but 2 more got away. Since then Seth has found at least 8 more in our yard and a couple of them got away. So now I am very paranoid. Anyone know a good way to get rid of them? this area is really bad for scorpians, so I will have to just be aware but not afraid, but I would love for them all to simply disapear. Maybe the new house (cross our fingers that we get it) doesn't have such a bad problem. wish us luck.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Man oh man. That would freak me out. For some reason I am really brave about bugs in general, but mice really freak me out. I turn into a screaming wuss around them. I think I would be even worse about scorpians.

Katie said...

oh, and Hooray for multiple Lindsey posts!!!!

Christie said...

You're already looking for a new house?
No advice about the scorpians, but you will get used to it...speaking from 3.5 years of living with rattlesnakes.

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Oh,no! Now I'm freaky out! The only advice from me is to move to Charlotte!

lindsey said...

i was really jumpy about mice but i ran into so many in blythe i got used to them. our friends in rexburg had a mouse in their house and seth and i hunted it down and killed it for them while they stood on their couch. luckily with the scorpian i just acted out of instinct and killed it quickly because i knew it was dangerous. I was only afraid after it was dead.
Christie - actually my inlaws are looking to buy an investment out here since the market is so good for buying here and then we will rent it from them for less than what we pay now. we have an offer in we are just waiting to hear back

Christie said...

Sounds like a great deal with the inlaws!

Ashley said...

I would seriously not be able to sleep or relax in my house if I ever found a scorpion. Mice, bugs, ants, fine - but scorpions are dangerous!! And snakes - sheesh, don't even get me started. I'm terrified of ticks this summer, but at least they won't be in my house.

Audra said...

Ahhh... that would be the worst thing to have in your house! Well, that and a poisonous snake... heck even a non-poisonous snake! Eeek!

I hope they get the house! That sounds like a great deal!