Monday, February 22, 2010

More pictures, including the blessing







Mayan is doing well. She still has some congestion and a cough, but is eating and sleeping pretty well. She is still a pretty easy-going baby. She is very patient and rarely cries. She is already obsessed with her daddy. She looks for him whenever she hears his voice and loves to stare at him. She will hold her head in the most awkward position to watch him.
Lily is slowly adapting to being a big sister. She adores Mayan, but is a little bitter towards me. She struggles with me not being able to get up and get her whatever she wants whenever she wants it. She often says "you don't need to nurse Mayan right now" or tells me to put her in the swing. She is finally over her sinus infection, so she is less grumpy now.
Yesterday was Mayan's baby blessing. We did it at our house (it was our stake conference) We only invited a few friends and some family in an attempt to keep the germs away. My mom got Mayan a beautiful dress and made her an adorable headband. Mayan kept herself happy during the blessing by watching Seth.
Today is my first day home with both girls. It has been raining all day. At about 1045 Seth called to tell me he wasn't working today ( because of the rain) He was at Walmart getting his oil changed and asked me to meet him there. I hurried and dressed myself and the girls and got to Walmart in about 40 minutes. When I walked up to Seth he was on the phone with his boss, who was calling him back to work to clean up a fallen tree branch. We got him for about an hour while the oil got changed and then he went back to work, where he remains now.
Sorry this post is so random, between Mayan's Sleep Apnea monitor sending off false alarms all night and her RSV (and just being a newborn in general) I didn't get much sleep. Here are a few pictures.

9 comments:

lindsey said...

I forgot to mention that Mayan has already put herself to sleep a few times by sucking her thumb.

Lyric said...

she is so cute! sorry to hear about her getting sick :(

you have a great looking family lindsey! wow, how time flies!

Unknown said...

what a beautiful baby!

Katie said...

Mom and Dad were raving today about what a beautiful little baby Mayan is. I love the pictures - you can tell she is an alert girl. I especially like the one with Mayan's hand in Lily's face.

You look GREAT too! Definitely don't look like you just had a baby.

Audra said...

I love Lily's face in the 2nd picture... she looks "thrilled". The dress is pretty! What a cute little girl.

Ashley said...

Cute, cute girls Lindsey!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

I'm so glad she is doing better. We will come for a visit soon. Sorry we couldn't make it to the blessing. With Cami in town for only 6 days, the weekend was the only time that Ray and Brandie could visit with her. But she is beautiful and I love the dress. Can't wait to see you all again. Glad your parents got to have a good visit too. Love to all...

LeAnn said...

Wow, Mayan is so beautiful, Lindsey!! What an adorable family!!

scottdaniellejonesfamily said...

I can't wait to see her in person - next week! I especially enjoyed the video of Lily trying to wake her up! They will be such good friends - two princesses in one castle!
Auntie Di