Wednesday, October 29, 2008

wisdom teeth part 2

so, not a good experience. i thought they were putting me all the way under, but they didn't and yet they didn't give me anything but local shots for pain. i felt soo much pain during my surgery. the dentist said that one of my teeth was the hardest tooth he has ever had to remove (and yet no pain meds??) they also ripped my lip and cheek because i have a small mouth. it was supposed to take an hr and a half and took 3 hrs. then they still wouldn't send me home with anything but motrin! but luckily i went to my regular doctor yesterday, who is a great doctor, and he gave me enough vicodin to last a few days to help me heal. somehow i don't think this dentist understands that in order to heal you need to have some relief from pain. Without my vicodin i wouldn't have been able to sleep after my surgery. anyway overall not a good experience. the assistants were also very rude to me and very snippy. i reccommend not going to an oral surgen for this but rather a regular surgen, they deal with pain much better and just seem to have a better understanding of medicine. seths experience with a reg doc was so much better he went to work the next day. anyway sorry this isn't typed well. i am still on some wacky meds so i'm not really with it.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Sorry it sucked! It only took about 45 minutes from start to finish (with a lot of waiting time) for my teeth! Hope you get all recovered soon!

Jamie said...

Sorry it went so bad! My experience with my oral surgeon wasn't like that at all, then again he was also an anethesiologist (probaly didn't spell that right) so I definitely did not feel pain and was not awake or coherent for a few hours.:)
Anyways, I really hope you get feeling better, the vicodin should help a lot!

Christie said...

Um, are you addicted to pain meds, Lindsey?

James said...

I think you may have just found a rotten oral surgeon. I've never had a problem. My wisdom teeth were pulled under local because the dentist was in the middle of moving his office and the full rig wasn't set up yet, but he knew what he was doing so no problems. He pulled two impacted teeth piece by piece and closed things up well enough that I didn't need the pain meds much and I was back at work the next day.

Enjoy the meds, get some rest, then consider reporting this guy to the BBB and/or the dental board.

Audra said...

What a NIGHTMARE! I was knocked out for mine and boy am I grateful! I was nervous and started crying and they said not to because the way you go under is the way you wake up, and I ended up waking up giggling my head off... so I proved that theory wrong. But whatever they gave me made me feel WONDERFUL and I went to a ward activity that night and a date the next day.

So, yeah, something is very wrong here!!! I hear that sometimes you have to be careful about your oral surgeon because they have a high risk of substance abuse because they have that laughing gas redily available and it is very tempting to take a whif now and then. Not saying that is his problem... just saying because I thought that was an interesting fact. So, if you have a trembly dentist... it may be gas addiction.

Ok... maybe I should stop watching 20/20 investigates!

So... the point is... I AM SO SORRY! THAT IS TERRIBLE! Take your meds and sleep off the pain as much as possible. I know I had to do that after my surgery. Good luck and feel better!

lindsey said...

i am actually recovering pretty well... no christie i am not addicted to pain meds, this is the second bottle of pain meds since lily was born and i never even finished the first. today we are going up to mesa falls.