Thursday, December 4, 2008

catch up

This is just going to be a quick review of the last few weeks. Sorry I haven't posted but we have been busy getting ready for the big move.

THE MORRIS FAMILY IS GOING ORGANIC (when it comes to dairy at least). We discovered that Lily isn't allergic to milk itself but something in non-organic milk. This is something we assumed before, but recently we truely tested it and found that she has no reaction with organic dairy products. This contradicts everything we have read about milk allergies. (which makes me wonder how many kids are actually allergic to milk) Luckily in phoenix it is quite easy to find organic dairy products for a reasonable price.

We found a house to rent in Gilbert. It is a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house, in a good area and the backyard is seths dream! It has a grapefruit, 2 orange, lemon and tangerine and apple trees. It also has 4 raised garden beds, set up with irrigation and all. It has a underground fire pit in the back too. (which is awesome for seth who really wants to cook underground. It has a tool shop and tons of storage including a pantry almost the size of moms storage room. Anyway the house wasn't my favorite of the houses we looked at but the property makes up for it. We are really excited and we will be moving in around the 28th of the month, just in time for seth to start work the next week. If we like the house we will probably save up for a down payment and buy it from the owners

We went to Blythe for thanksgiving. It was nice, but weird without more people there. I missed all of my siblings. Lily loved having the attention of her granny and grandpa, who spoiled her by pushing her in the swing for hours a day. She would simply grab one of their hands and take them to the back door.

Lilys current favorite hobbies include talking and talking and talking on the phone. She steals my phone and walks around the house just jabbering on and on. She also likes to turn anything into a baby doll. In the bath she takes two shampoo bottles (one for each arm). She rocks them, kisses them and pats them on the back. She is obsessed with babies. Shes a ton of fun. Anyway its late and mmy bread is done baking so i am going to bed.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

So I guess Aaron and Bryce don't count as your siblings? :)

It was fun to get to see you guys! I thought Lily was so cute when she would pretend to talk on your phone. She's got so much personality!

Audra said...

Congrats on the house. That is exciting! And the Lily bug is the cutest! Baking bread eh? I shall change your name to Molly! haha... just kidding! We love baking bread too! Levi used the bread machine. I really need to learn how to use it! The organic milk thing is weird, but nice to find a better alternative!

Katie said...

Sounds like a great house for you to rent. Isn't it great to have everything settling in to place? Woohoo!

Ashley said...

Sounds like Lily needs a doll for Christmas :) Blaise loves talking on pretend phones and he loves dolls too.

Mom told me all about the house the other day on the phone and I am so jealous. I told her "my little sister has a nicer place than me!". But we pay half as much in rent, so I guess it is okay :)

BTW, I automatically check your blog at least once a day. I haven't given up on you!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Lily made Thanksgiving lots of fun.

Linda, Mom and Granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda, Mom and Granny said...

I miss Lily! She was so fun and sweet; she has a smile on her face most of the time! It was fun going to PHX to check out houses, and they found a a great house. And they will live closer and we will more time with them!!

Thanksgiving Week was great and I was so happy to see Bryce, Aaron and Jamie! Thanksgiving Day was was great; I ate too much, of course!

But the icing on the Thanksgiving Cake was when Bryce called from St. George to say that he got his mission call! Now, THAT is something to be thankful!

I'm a happy mother!

lindsey said...

Lily already has more than one doll... and yet everything else is a doll too.

Lyric said...

Good Luck with all your moving plans. That is so exciting! I have some cousins on my moms side of the family that live in Gilbert. Merry Christmas!

Anna said...

For sure let me know if you get the little gliders-they are so much fun.

We have some friends that live in Queen Creek-she grew up in Gilbert. Beautiful area!