Tuesday, February 12, 2008

reader beware

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN I AM LEGEND.
so this weekend we went to the theatre for the first time since i was about 7 mos prego and saw i am legend. first i really liked it.. it was way too scary for me ( i had to walk out 3 times to calm down) but there were a few things that bothered me. first robert talks about how the dark seekers have lost all human characteristics... so i therefore expected him to later point out that they were still human and that love or something of the sort would cure them. i felt that when the female dark seeker was captured and the male dark seeker came into the light to see her it was because he loved her... and this is why he continuously leads the attacks on robert ... since she was almost healed when they attacked i thought that they would have been calmed by the fact that he had a cure and stop attacking. also they set a trap which is a a trait of humans. they also huddle together in the dark. the ending in general bugs me... first they shouldn't have gone to the basement... that was the only place that when it turned light the dark seekers would have still stayed there.. this does show that he had no choice but to use the bomb (except the above solution with love invloved) oh and it bugs me that we don't know if his family die or not. anyway i really did enjoy the movie and felt it was well done. tell me if you think i'm wrong or point out more ways they are still human.

4 comments:

Christie said...

Sigh. You finally post again and I can't even read it!

Katie said...

I totally thought the same thing about the basement. Not the best place to be. I thought we knew for sure that his family died. Didn't they get blown up in the helicopter or something?

lindsey said...

it didn't officially show that they died... i guess i didn't get the impression but seth did. sorry christie... watch the movie then post ;) jk i kno that is really hard to do.. we only got to because we went to provo and my mother in law babysat.

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Well, Lindsey, I don't think that Christie will be back on your comments, so I just wanted to tell you that Christie and James go to the movies ALOT! There is a Drive-in in Midland! Very Cool! They can take the girls and all the food and drinks they want without having to smuggle it cargo pockets and purses!

Or course, I don't Elizabeth needs to see THAT movie! I don't think I will pass, too! :)